How can I migrate auto-charging subscriptions from another app?There are two ways to migrate your subscriptions:
- Manually migrate them one by one
- Use bulk import feature to migrate them with a CSV file
Here are instructions on how to manually migrate subscriptions: You can migrate subscriptions from other provider by manually re-creating them in the app. You can create the auto-charging subscriptions for the customers in your shop that have the credit card (payment method) linked to their account.
In case your customers don't yet have a payment method linked to their account, you can also migrate their payment method if your old subscription provider is using Stripe, Authorize.net or PayPal Express for processing subscription payments.
If you are migrating subscriptions from a newer subscription app, then your customers most likely already have the payment method linked to their profile, so you don't have to migrate it :) You just create a subscription for them.
You can migrate payment methods of your customers by going into our Seal Subscriptions app -> Subscriptions -> Add subscription manually -> select auto-charging subscription -> click on the Migrate customers from other platforms button in the Select customers card.
Follow the steps described in the migration screen, as it will guide you through the whole process.
The process for migrating your subscriptions should be something like the following:
- Migrate the payment method for the selected customer in our Seal Subscriptions app.
- Cancel/pause the subscription in the other subscription provider's platform.
- Create subscription for the customer in our Seal Subscriptions app, with the same first billing date as the one scheduled date in the other subscription provider's platform.
- That's it!
We also have a feature which allows you to bulk import your subscriptions via the CSV file. To access this feature, go into Seal Subscriptions app -> Subscriptions -> Bulk import subscriptions.